A variety of patient education materials have been created for providers to use in the oncofertility care setting- materials that describe fertility preservation options in easy-to-understand language and have been designed in multiple platforms ranging from informational fact sheets to internet videos. The Oncofertility Decision Tool Web Portal.has gathered the existing oncofertility patient aids and organized them within our
An entire section of the portal is devoted to patient education. We have done this so providers can quickly access materials when reproductive age patients whose fertility is threatened by their disease or treatment are on their clinic schedule.
Every patient has a unique learning style and therefore the following types of oncofertility educational materials are available for patients:
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) one-page fact sheet with short summaries of the available fertility preservation options available to men and women diagnosed with cancer
- Personal Accounts of Cancer and Infertility provided by Fertile Hope
- An interactive web-based video designed for patients who may not have access to a full fertility preservation consultation with a reproductive endocrinologist
- Interactive and informational websites, such as:
- The Livestrong Foundation
- Fertile Action
- The 24-hour fertility preservation hotline: FERTline
- An electronic booklet on adolescent and young adult cancer issues created by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- The Moving Forward video series created by the American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
If you would like the oncofertility patient education materials your clinic provides to patients included in the Oncofertility Decision Tool Web Portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.