Cancer Connections: Saturday, July 21st in Chicago
Cancer Connections is an event held three times a year for individuals affected by a cancer diagnosis, to learn about services, meet advocacy groups and get the tools needed to manage the disease. In less than 2 weeks, Cancer Connections is holding its second session, on Saturday, July 21st, at Prentice Women’s Hospital in Chicago.
Cancer Connections will provide ways for both survivors and caregivers to learn wellness strategies for the mind, body and spirit. Patients, survivors and caregivers will learn tools, techniques and services to help re-energize and reinvigorate them during challenging times. What you can expect July 21st:
- Chair Yoga
- Breakthroughs and Challenges in Cancer Pain Management
- Navigating Health Insurance
- Hope, Happiness & Positive Thinking: What Works for You
- Active Days and Restful Nights: Managing Cancer-Related Fatigue and Insomnia
- Growth, Resilience & Renewal: The Cancer Experience
Learn simple strategies for eating healthier, moving more, and managing the stress and sleep difficulties sometimes associated with cancer.
Connect with networking groups, peer support programs and other communities, including the Oncofertility Consortium, committed to ensuring no one fights cancer alone.
Renew the sense of well-being by sampling massage, acupuncture, guided imagery, healing touch and other integrative therapies
If you don’t think you can attend because you have little ones to look after, think again. Cancer Connections offers supervised activities such as crafts, movies and play activities from 9:00 am -3:00 pm for kids. Children’s activities are facilitated by Gilda’s Club Chicago volunteers.
- Cancer Connections 2012: Treatment for the Mind, Body & Spirit
- 2012 Chicago Oncofertility Saturday Academy at Northwestern University is Another Great Success!
- National Minority Cancer Awareness Week: April 15th-21st
- Cancer Rights Conference Series: October 21st in Ann Arbor, MI
- Gilda’s Club Chicago: Creating Community Through Cancer