Robotic Surgeries for Hysterectomies
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is hosting a half-day conference on Saturday, May 17th called ”State-of-the-Art Hysterectomy: The Robotic Surgical Option.”
Dr. Patrick Lowe will be one of the speakers at this event. He was one of the doctors who participated in the Oncofertility Saturday Academy, teaching students from the Young Women’s Leadership Charter School about oncofertility and surgery. Those who attended Dr. Lowe’s module were given the opportunity to operate a Da Vinci robotic surgery machine – the same machine used to perform minimally-invasive hysterectomies.
The event at the hospital will include lectures, demonstrations and a talk by a patient who underwent robotic surgery.
The conference start at 8:30am and it costs $20.
For more information, go to Northwestern Memorial’s site: Robotic Hysterectomy Event.
- Oncofertility Saturday Academy Pioneers Bioethics Education: Part 1
- The Girl Power Benefit Luncheon for the Young Women’s Leadership Charter School of Chicago
- Obama gives money for Oncofertility research
- Success in Surgeries to Prevent Cancer!
- October 2nd: The Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Town Hall Meeting